Accutane: 1 year off
Retin-A: Discontinue for 7- 10 days prior to treatment.
Pregnant or Lactating
Allergy to Aspirin
Sunburned or compromised skin: Outdoors Life style, Tanning bed users, Avid golfer or skier, Sun worshiper
Serious medical condition: Heart condition/problem, Immunity disorder, Diabetes etc.
Medications: Diabetes Type 2, Lupus, chemo
Permanent cosmetics wait 7 days then cover with occlusive barrier
Active cold sores or lesions
Active facial rash
Immediately post lift of facial surgery needs doctor approval
Rosacea- Will need to be evaluated.
Facial Waxing requires a 72 hour waiting period.
None of these apply? Great! Let us know which Chemical Peel you're interested in.
After receiving your peel do not use any skin care products that have not been approved by your
aesthetician. You may start your post treatment kit the next morning.
1) Do not use any alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), beta hydroxy acid (BHA) and benzoyl peroxide
2) Stop any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
3) MEN-DO NOT SHAVE
1) Discontinue any topical prescriptions or any products containing Retinol or Vitamin A
2) Avoid waxing, electrolysis, hair removal creams, and laser hair removal treatments
3) Avoid sun exposure (and tanning beds)
4) Do not receive Botox or dermal fillers
5) Do not have another facial or peel treatment
CHEMICAL PEEL AFTERCARE
The initial -72 hours post procedure are the most critical.
Clients should adhere to the following guidelines for healthy, radiant skin:
Some medications and health conditions don't pair well with a chemical peel. If you are using or experiencing any of the following contraindications, adhere to the timelines as stated. Or talk with one of our skin therapists for alternative treatments to make you look and feel your best!